[Butia-devel-list] The layer problem

Walter Bender walter.bender en gmail.com
Jue Mar 22 12:23:27 UYT 2012

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 7:46 PM, Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn
<alanjas en hotmail.com> wrote:
>> I cannot reproduce the error with Sugar 0.94. Will try to find a
>> machine with an old Sugar at OLPC this week.
>>

> The another thing that you need reproduce is connect and desconect the
> robot..
>
> That is more complicated.. The problem appears with some plug and
> disconnects of the
> robot.. each connection/desconnection causes a refresh of the palette and
> each block..

I did push this patch [1], which in theory will catch and handle the
error. However, by eliminating all of the calls to blk.set_color() and
calling blk.refresh() after adding/setting the BOX_COLORS dictionary
entry for blk.name, I have not been able to trigger the error. Still
not sure of what is the root cause, but the change above is
recommended in any case as it is much more efficient.

Please let me know if any/all of the above helps.

regards.

--
Walter Bender
Sugar Labs