[Butia-devel-list] Para los interesados en el proyecto de accesibilidad: software de interaccion con PC que usa Stephen Hawking va a estar disponible en Internet

Daniel Larrosa dflc en cs.com.uy
Mie Dic 3 14:32:29 UYST 2014

El articulo en ingles figura en:

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-a-software-upgrade-is-giving-professor-stephen-hawking-a-new-lease-of-life/

Otra version, en castellano:

http://es.gizmodo.com/stephen-hawking-estrena-un-sintetizador-de-voz-libre-y-1665664348

Siendo hoy el Dia Mundial de la Accesibilidad, comento sobre estos
articulos, ya que como ya vimos, los elementos del Proyecto Butia son muy
utiles y adecuados para realizar proyectos y dispositivos de accesibilidad
de todo tipo.

Un extracto:

"By open sourcing ACAT, Intel hopes developers will build on the software
to help other MND sufferers, as well as anyone who needs to control a
computer using non-standard inputs such as blinks or eyebrow movements. The
toolkit will be available under an open-source licence from January next
year, with the SwiftKey prediction engine replaced by an open-source
alternative.

Just as the ACAT has made Hawking's life easier, so he hopes it will allow
other disabled people to achieve more each day.

"As technology has got smarter it has opened up possibilities I didn't even
predict. The technology that is now being developed to support the disabled
is leading the way in breaking down the communication barriers which once
stood in the way," he said.

"This new system is life changing for me and I hope it will serve me well
for the next 20 years.""
---

Saludos,
     Daniel.