[Butia-devel-list] Plugins order

Walter Bender walter.bender en gmail.com
Jue Mar 22 12:45:59 UYT 2012

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Walter Bender <walter.bender en gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 9:35 PM, Walter Bender <walter.bender en gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 7:56 PM, Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn
>> <alanjas en hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Another question.. which is the criteria for order the plugins (palettes) in
>>> the toolbar?
>>
>> I recall enabling a mechanism for reordering the toolbars. Will check.
>
> There is a position= parameter to the palette class __init__ and
> add_palette methods, however, I am not sure how useful it is in regard
> to your issue, since some of the "standard" palettes are defined in
> plugins and may not be defined until after your palettes are added. I
> suppose I could try forcing those palettes into position. Will report
> back.

In patch [1], I expose position to the helper method, make_palette; I
use position for the standard palettes in turtleart_extras_plugin [2].
Seems to do the trick.

regards.

walter

[1] http://git.sugarlabs.org/turtleart/mainline/commit/1154951cc214ef5e8496b22f5aa77d3c5899f868