[Butia-devel-list] Un dispositivo que podria servir para el Proyecto Yatay

Daniel Larrosa dflc en cs.com.uy
Dom Mayo 25 11:32:50 UYT 2014

Lo vi en este articulo:
http://hackaday.com/2014/05/24/vocore-the-tiny-internet-of-things-thing

Creo que combina varias caracteristicas que lo hacen util para usar en
robots controlados desde la plataforma Yatay; lo comento para que quienes
conocen mas a fondo Yatay lo confirmen o comenten los eventuales
inconvenientes que le vean.

Un extracto:

"It’s a tiny board less than an inch on each side with an 802.11n System on
Chip running OpenWrt on Linux. The best part? You can pick one up for $20
USD.

The VoCore isn’t so much as a cut down ARM dev board as it is a cut down
router capable of running OpenWrt. It’s not a power house by any means with
8MB of Flash, 32MB of SDRAM, and a 360MHz CPU, but if you ever need
something that’s less than an inch square, you probably don’t need that
much power.

The VoCore features interfaces for 100M Ethernet, USB host and device,
UART, SPI, I2C, I2S, and 20 GPIOs for blinking LEDs and listening to
sensors. There’s also a dock that breaks out the Ethernet and USB ports,
available as a kit or already assembled.

It’s a pretty cool device, and with low current draw (about 200mA) and
being able to accept +5V power, we can easily see this tiny board popping
up in a few projects."
---

El site del dispositivo es:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/vocore-a-coin-sized-linux-computer-with-wifi#home